|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Because of his Dokeshi abilities Shotaro gains the abilities of animals by biting one of their bones, which he carries in his backpack. It is later revealed that Shotaro can draw power from any bone, and even call upon the memories and personality of the deceased. If Shotaro draws too much of the spirit of the deceased, Shotaro can exhaust himself, requiring he sleep for almost an entire day.
- Bone of the Bird: Shotaro can leap great heights.
- Bone of the Snake: Shotaro can bend his body to slide through narrow passages, even large crowds.
- Bone of the Hedgehog: Shotaro's hair forms into quills which can puncture heavy but flexible surfaces.
- Bone of the Monkey: Shotaro gains dexterity and balance, allowing him to swing easily and leap far distances.
- Bone of the Dog: Shotaro's sense of smell improves.
- Bone of the Ogre: Depending how much spirit of the ogre Shotaro draws, his height and face can change to that of that particular ogre.
- Bone of the Pig
- Bone of the Cat: Shotaro's facial features become more feline: his irises and pupils narrow, his ears become more pointed, his nose comes to resemble a cat's, and his mouth becomes more cleft. Under the influence of the Bone of the Cat, Shotaro is also prone to hiss and meow. Most significantly, Shotaro's fingers become clawed, his fingernails extended and pointed. As when under the power of Bone of the Dog, Shotaro can dash quickly on all fours.
- Bone of the Horse 
Strength and EnduranceEdit
Whether due to the Bone Powers, other Dokeshi abilities, or other traits, Shotaro seems to have considerable strength, enough to carry the weight of a someone his own size, such as Mana, with just his teeth.