|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Ōkubo worked as an assistant under Rando Ayamine, on the manga series GetBackers. He also created artwork for various cards for the Lord of Vermillion game and some character designs in Bravely Default.
Ōkubo was not a model student and was more attracted to drawing than to learning. At the age of 20, after finishing studies at a manga school where he met Rando Ayamine, the artist of Get Backers, he became Ayamine's assistant for two years.
Ōkubo later won a competition at Square Enix's Gangan magazine with his first manga series B. Ichi, which was published for four volumes. Upon completing B. Ichi, Ōkubo created Soul Eater, also for Gangan. Soul Eater would bring him worldwide success: the manga concluded with 25 volumes and five volumes of its prequel Soul Eater NOT!, both of which were adapted into anime by Studio BONES.
- B. Ichi (B壱?) (2002) - Writer, artist
- Soul Eater (2004–2013) - Writer, artist
- Soul Eater Not! (2011–2014) - Writer, artist
- Fire Brigade of Flames (2015 - ongoing) - Writer, artist
- Tomoyuki Maru (Tripeace)
- Takatoshi Shiozawa (FULL MOON)
- Takuzi Kato (The Unusual Front)
- Yoshiki Tonogai (Doubt)